I recently purchased the Advanced Color Grading class from LiveCommune, and it got me to review some of my processes and make some changes. I decided to take a couple of older photos and use selective color and gradient maps on photos that I knew were pretty weak. The photo below is one of them.
Originally, it was a set of strobed photos to use in a for sale listing. Since it was for a listing, no touch up changes could be done to the actual truck. For this rendition (truck has already been sold), I decided to change the color of the truck, but no other touch-ups to the truck. Used a lot of luminosity masking and corrective layers to make it pop a little more. I could have done more work to make it better, but this was just a workflow change test.